Israel, Gaza and Rafah
Digest more
Top News
Overview
Impacts
Gaza's health ministry reported at least 97 people killed in Israeli strikes in the past 24 hours, including at least 20 killed in an airstrike around dawn in Shejaia, a suburb of Gaza City in the no...
From Reuters
Israel announced a major expansion of military operations in Gaza on Wednesday, saying large areas of the enclave would be seized and added to its security zones, accompanied by large-scale evacuatio...
From Reuters
The Israeli defense minister, Israel Katz, said the military was seizing swaths of territory to protect its forces and border towns, suggesting a longer-term presence in the enclave.
From The New York Times
Read more on News Digest
Israeli forces issued a new evacuation order for Rafah, Gaza's southernmost city. An NBC News crew spoke with people fleeing toward the Muwasi tent camp in Khan Younis.
It is the biggest such order since Israel resumed its offensive in the Palestinian territory earlier this month.
Aid agencies say the workers were killed and buried in a mass grave in Rafah, in southern Gaza. Residents described being shot at along the evacuation route.
The Israeli military issued evacuation orders on Monday for most of Rafah and suggested it may soon launch another ground operation in the city.
DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — Israel’s military on Monday issued sweeping evacuation orders covering Rafah and nearby areas, indicating it could soon launch another major ground operation in the Gaza Strip’s southernmost city.
Explore more
The Israeli military has indicated it could soon launch another major offensive in Rafah and ordered most of the southernmost city in the Gaza Strip evacuated.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said it conveyed a counteroffer to mediators, in coordination with the US, following reports that Hamas had agreed to an Egyptian proposal on a potential new truce in Gaza.
IDF chief vows that 'the only thing that can stop us from advancing is the release of our hostages,' as troops launch new offensive, accompanied by heavy airstrikes
3d
Newspoint on MSNIsraeli military orders evacuation of most of Gaza's southern city of RafahThe Israeli military on Monday issued sweeping evacuation orders covering most of Rafah, indicating it could soon launch another major ground operation in the southernmost city in the Gaza Strip. Israel ended its ceasefire with the Hamas militant group and renewed its air and ground war earlier this month.
In a major military expansion the IDF will seize the Morag Axis, an area located between the city and Khan Younis in the south of Gaza